We are one and a half school years away from our trip (I like to think of it in terms of grade school years, helps to keep things orderly).
We are trying to knock some of the easy stuff on our checklist out of the way this season:
- Finalize spreadsheet of home budget and travel budgets.
- Switch any lingering bills to paperless billing.
- Update wills.
- Apply for travel friendly credit cards. No extra fees for us!
- Transfer some of our savings to our US bank account, save Canadian $ from further rate drop.
- We were going to get a 52-page passport but they actually don’t make those anymore. We looked into where the different Canadian embassies are around the world. It shouldn’t be a problem to get new ones when start to run out of pages. Some places might be quite pleasant to wait for the passport to arrive!
- JBot has been backing up our back-ups and doing things with our cloud that I don’t understand ^_^ I think the idea is to move to a VPS (virtual private server).
- The kids have been doing skating lessons this winter. We’ll continue swim lessons when the weather warms up.
And that’s pretty much it for this year. Some things just need to wait until we are closer to departure. Vaccines, visas, travel insurance, and a good-bye party won’t happen until 2020.
Until then, we’ll keep reviewing our destination plans and dreaming of THE YEAR OF NO WINTER! WOOOOO!